The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay. M55 People create bespoke, relevant training opportunities to facilitate your business success. We believe skilled, motivated employees create your success. We will work with you to ensure that material, approach and timing meets your requirements. We work to deliver great leaders, managers and successful organisations to deliver great results.
M55 People: Managing Mental Health
M55 People understand the ongoing challenges of managing absence within the workplace. Mental health issues are now the leading cause of recorded workplace absence within the UK (CIPD 2016). It is, therefore critical that managers have the knowledge and confidence to deal with mental health issues and therefore workforce absence effectively.
M55 People has developed a training experience specifically geared at line managers that will:
- Create awareness of mental health within the workplace
- Break down the stigma and judgement attached to mental health issues
- Develop confidence in managers dealing with mental health issues
- Develop the understanding that a positive management style and culture supports employee – manager trust, employee engagement and motivation
- Understand the legislative requirements
- Practically discuss and review current practices and previous challenges
The programme covers the following areas:
- Defining mental health, mental ill health and understand the concept of whole health
- Review the Mental Health continuum and how it affects us all
- Understand and create awareness of some of the most common Mental Health issues
- What can managers do to create
- a positive environment
- spot the signs
- have the conversation
- Maintaining your own mental health
- Review of case studies
It is a highly interactive training experience based around plenary sessions, group work and exercises and can be one full day or half day. All delegates will be given a customised workbook to use for note taking and thoughts throughout the session.